Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet our next YC Student Correspondant, Melissa!

Next up.... Melissa!!

Grade: Sophomore

Hobbies: Swimming, writing, reading, movie commentating, and being with friends.

What aspects of theatre are you most interested in?
My favorite part of theatre is the production of the play itself. It's difficult for me to specify which part itself I love most, since bringing together a performance is such an amazing thing. I love seeing how the director and stage manager organize tweaks to the plot, spacing, and the addition of effects of any sort. I especially admire it when watching a play, and wonder why the creative choices were taken, and how long things took to assemble or get accustomed to.

What parts of the
Much Ado About Nothing rehearsal process are you most interested in telling other students about? I’m most interested in revealing ‘the behind the scenes scoop’. I find it exciting to learn how long it took to work on certain scenes, and creative choices that differ from the original play.

Anything else we should know? I’m really excited to be working with CSC, and for this wonderful opportunity. I hope the blog’s readers enjoy my ‘two cents’, and are compelled to come see Much Ado About Nothing, based off what I have to say, if they were not already.


**STAY TUNED for Melissa's interview with MUCH ADO Stage Manager, Michelle Cote!


No comments:

Post a Comment